Asset 1216-363-6040
E-Mail Us
We can help, call us toll-free todayRyan-Phone
Call us today at (216) 363-6040
E-Mail Us
Blog
Car Accident Average Compensation Value Blog
Blog

Car Accident Average Compensation Value

In general, there are various means or method to calculate average compensation value that you and your lawyer will be declaring at some point of one of your meeting with the at-fault driver's insurers. But all of these methods has similar factors for contributing the reckoning of the value of your compensation pay. The range of factors that you and your lawyer have to work with is within the objective medical bills and other form of financial loss to non-financial damages such as trauma and and other psychological damages that are said to be more valuable as it tend to last for long term or for life. The matter how you express your suffering that was caused by the injuries to the insurers are what matter the most to convince them that the amount you are offering them is reasonable enough for them to give it off. 

Having a lawyer who have experince to work with your claim is the best situation that you must be in when dealing the legalities and pursuing claim such as this. And will figure out what's the best course of action that one should take. And on note, here are some matter that can determine the value of your case. 

Severity of your Injuries

Firstly, the most important determinant of the value of your compensation is the severity of victim's injuries and how long does it take for her to fully recuperated, function normally, and have the strength for his/her ability to make living again. To put it simply, the severe the injury you sustained, the higher the medical bills are and so the value of the compensation. 

Aside from current medical bills, the future physical therapy and the ongoing physical and mental rehabilitation. If the instrument or the part of your body that ables one to make living is severed or permanently damaged, then it is possible that the compensation increases two-fold as the person is not able to work or in the least, affected by the injury caused by the recent accident then it is considered as loss of income. 

Scenario Before and During the Accident 

This means the manner of how the accident happened, the intent of the at-fault victim is malicious or to kill, or the negligence transparently shown by the driver also affects the value of the compensation and the victim has also right to pursue compensation for punitive damages. Punitive damage literally means a lawsuit that could possibly punish the at-fault party and may end up in confinement or imprisonment at an extent. 

Ohio's Comparative Fault

In Ohio, the value of compensation that you are possibly gonna get depends if you are partially liable for the accident happened, like your actions have been proven to contribute for it to happen. This is law in Ohio is called comparative fault. 

In this law, the amount of compensation you'd likely to received is adjust depending on how much you are involved in the case and it is scaled by percentage. For example, the jury might decide that you are only 20% responsible while the other driver is 80% responsible  and those percentages will be deducted to your agreed compensation. 

Ryan LLP is an Ohio based injury lawyer that specializes in their dealings of personal injury claims. They have 40 years of experience in representing victims with high success rate and confidence because of these facts. Call our office now if ever you were involved recently in an accident for free legal consultation. 

CONTACT US TODAY AND TELL US ABOUT YOUR CASE Have questions about you legal situation? Want to speak with a lawyer today? Your first consultation is FREE! Simply complete the short and confidential form below to schedule an appointment. We'll contact you within 24 hours.
LAST POST
NEXT POST