After you’ve been involved in a car accident, whether it occurred on a busy highway in Cleveland like I-90 or a small side street, you likely have many questions and concerns. If you’ve sustained serious injuries, you are possibly dealing with added challenges including lost wages, reduced earning potential, and mounting medical bills.
Knowing when to hire an attorney is a good start. An car accident attorney can be an invaluable ally and can ease the burden of the claims process when you are feeling overwhelmed. A car accident lawyer can also help you pursue fair compensation to which you are entitled, and will negotiate with all involved parties.
How do I know when I need a car accident attorney?
There are several situations that warrant the help of an attorney. If any of the following scenarios apply to your case, consider hiring an attorney who specializes in car accident cases:
- You have substantial costs and damages. It can be difficult to settle large insurance claims as insurers may be reluctant to pay substantial damages. Your attorney can provide adequate evidence of your damages when negotiating a settlement.
- You are suffering from injuries that may have long-term effects. If you are concerned that your recovery process will be prolonged and affect your ability to return to work or your quality of life, consult with an attorney. It’s important to fully account for future damages.
- You are dealing with another driver who is uninsured or underinsured. When you are involved in a crash with an at-fault driver who does not have appropriate insurance to cover your damages, consult a lawyer. Recovering damages from an uninsured or underinsured driver can be tricky, and you will need to work with someone who understands the laws. You might have to file suit against the individual to obtain payment for property damage or bodily injury claims. Your own uninsured motorist or other coverage may help too, if you have it.
- The insurance company is offering a substandard settlement. If you feel like you are being pushed around or rushed to accept a settlement that is less than you feel you’re entitled, an attorney can help. Consult with a law firm and review your case for assistance negotiating your claim.
- There is question regarding fault: If you are in dispute about who is the at-fault driver in your accident, you may benefit from the help of an attorney. Proving fault can require accident evidence like the input of experts, recreation of the crash scene, and eyewitness statements. An attorney can help you organize the information and build a case against the other driver.
There are other reasons you might want to hire an attorney to settle your car accident claim as well. These are only some examples. If you feel you need help, call a law firm familiar with car accidents.
What are the benefits of working with a personal injury attorney?
The following list offers some examples of the benefits you may realize by hiring a personal injury attorney in Cleveland to help you with your car accident claim:
- A car accident lawyer understands the law as it pertains to your case. He or she will be able to advise you of any statutes of limitations or other laws affecting your claim.
- A car accident attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary. Your lawyer will manage any communications related to the lawsuit and will handle any defenses presented by the other party.
- You will have an experienced and knowledgeable advocate on your side. Your lawyer will speak for you to insurance representatives, judges, and other applicable parties to ensure that your case is heard and you are given fair consideration for your injuries and damages.
- Your car accident lawyer will keep all information related to your accident organized and hire experts as needed. He or she will manage the claim and/or lawsuit from beginning to end so that you can focus on getting on with your life.
If you need assistance with your car accident claim in Cleveland, call Ryan, LLP at 877-864-9495 or contact us online to set up a consultation.