Cleveland Medical Malpractice Law Firm, Ryan LLP, Holds Hospitals and Doctors Accountable for Their Mistakes
Doctors and medical providers are just like any other professional – they can make mistakes. In fact, one recent studyfound that preventable harm to patients is the root cause for over 400,000 patient deaths per year. Unfortunately, medical errors can result in serious injury or illness in patients like you and your family. Cleveland medical malpractice law firm Ryan, LLP doesn’t want you to pay for someone else’s carelessness or negligence.
You may be entitled to financial compensation in a medical malpractice action. An attorney can help you fight for a settlement or lawsuit that includes lost wages, medical bills, ongoing healthcare and even punitive damages.
Ohio medical malpractice laws place strict time limits on filing a medical malpractice action. While the determination of the time limits to bring an action are complex, in most cases, you have just one year in which to take action. There are exceptions to this rule, but any delay puts your compensation at risk.
Call Ryan, LLP today at (877) 864-9495 to schedule a free case evaluation. You also may use this contact form to contact our Cleveland-based medical malpractice law firm.
Does your injury qualify for legal action? We can answer that question!
Medical malpractice and negligence covers a wide range of injuries and illness.
Below are a few examples that may qualify you to take legal action against a doctor, hospital or medical facility:
- Prescription errors – your pharmacist can be held accountable for dispensing the incorrect prescription medication, providing the incorrect dosage or committing errors in patient directions.
- Physician drug or alcohol use while treating patients - If your doctor or surgeon was under the influence of drugs or narcotics at the time he was treating you, they can be held liable for any errors made while treating you.
- Surgical mistakes – your surgeon and/or surgical team/hospital can be held liable for errors like performing surgery on the wrong body part or performing unnecessary surgery.
- Physician negligence and malpractice – your doctor can be held liable for failing to diagnose a serious illness, failing to properly treat a condition, failing to prescribe the right medication, and providing a misdiagnosis.
- Plastic surgery errors – your plastic surgeon can be held accountable for botched procedures, post-operative infections and numerous other acts of carelessness.
Most medical professionals—including nurses, urgent care center staff, specialists and surgeons – can be held liable for his or her errors. Call today if you suspect that your doctor has committed a serious mistake that contributed to your injury or illness. We can evaluate the details of your case to determine if you have grounds for taking legal action.
Act Now to Protect Your Right to Fair Compensation
Ohio medical malpractice law provides you with one year in which to enact a medical malpractice action. This one-year time limit begins at the point you discover or “should have” discovered the injury. There are other exceptions to this rule, but generally speaking, the best way to protect your rights is to act quickly.
Our team can talk to you about whether or not your case falls within the state’s guidelines for filing a medical malpractice action.
If you meet the standards, you may be eligible for damages that include:
- Medical costs
- Loss of Consortium - (available in some cases for your spouse or family)
- Permanant Injuries
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering and
- Punitive damages (available in some cases – ask your Cleveland medical malpractice lawyer for more details).
You can learn more about the compensation available to you during a free case evaluation offered by Ryan LLP.
There’s No Cost to Hire Us – You Pay Only if We Win or Settle Your Case
Contact Cleveland medical malpractice law firm Ryan, LLP today at (877) 864-9495 or via this confidential online evaluation form.